- Arena development and franchise acquisition represents an $800 million private investment in the region, and a strong vote of confidence in the region’s future.
- One of the largest commitments of private capital ever made for a project like this in North America.
- Arena development will create 2,000 high-wage construction jobs and hundreds of full and part-time jobs to operate the Arena.
- The City and County will benefit from taxes excluded from the transaction (Hotel Tax, Rental Car Tax, etc.) and from patrons who come from outside of the Seattle and King County tax base to attend Arena events and spend money on related activities.
- Ancillary economic and cultural activity will generate new tax revenue to support schools and other regional priorities.
- NBA and NHL franchise seasons will generate demand for upwards of 5,000 winter-season Seattle hotel room nights per season.
- Arena operations will generate additional revenue for local restaurants, bars and clubs.
- Arena construction will generate millions of dollars in state taxes.